July 2014 Bulletin, "Pension Initiatives in the 2014 Ontario Budget"
The Ontario government recently reintroduced its 2014 budget, which contains a number of proposed pension initiatives. This Bulletin provides an overview of those initiatives, which include the following:
- Target Benefit Plan consultations,
- Conversion to a Jointly Sponsored Pension Plan,
- Exemption from annual actuarial valuation filing rules for Specified Ontario Multi-Employer Pension Plans,
- Contribution holidays and accelerated funding of benefit improvements,
- Pooled Registered Pension Plans, and
- Ontario Retirement Pension Plan.
Share this page